Monday, April 10, 2006

"You ate my dildo"

At least I think that's what I said. Last night is pretty much a blur because the 3 and a half hours sleep I got before waking up for work this morning, really weren't enough. Chubby Bunny played at Monk's last night to a crowd of like 4 people by the time all was said and done. We arrived early-ish, as usual around 9:30. I had already told Angie that we had to try to angle playing first since it was a school night, but the other band was already setting up it's gear. Sigh. Okay, well, second then. (Ha!) You Read My Diary was all set up by 10:15 and we (me, Lars, Angie and Greg) sat beneath a t.v. showing some sort of old football shit. By 10:40 I started to wonder why the hell nobody was playing and there really wasn't enough Red Bull and Vodka in the world to make the night get any better. Apparently the douchebag bar guy didn't want us to start until 11:15 for some bullshit reason that made sense to no one since the bar's attendance peaked around 10:30. Whatever. The first girl started her set around 11:20, then You Read My Diary played. They were pretty fun and I enjoyed them to say the least, but holy shit I was getting tired. When they finished sometime around 12:20, I decided to just ask their drummer if I could use her kit to avoid the inevitable 35 minute drum set up that I would have to do, she was sweet and let me use it... though, 35 minutes wasn't enough to save the night. We pretty much played crappy in front of the 4 or 5 remaining patrons (including my sweet, sweet husband and Angie's boyfriend)... I was pretty wasted (coupled with the savage, savage tired) by the time we actually started playing close to 1 am. and I probably said some stupid, embarrassing shit too.
Hello, Monday.

No comments: