Friday, August 26, 2005

))<>((. Forever

I saw Me and You and Everyone We Know last night. Tawnya and Angie took me on a much needed girl date. (They even bought me chocolates)
It's got me thinking about love, art, connection and mis-connection and the terrifying-wonderful nature of technology.
Yeah, I have deep thoughts occassionally... I was an English major, ya know.

It's becoming increasingly hard for me to concentrate at work. My mind is in a million places, none of them here. Ok, that's not true...I am contemplating collectively bitch-slapping all librarians...like, every librarian in the world...((SMACK!!!)) The smack would leave an imprint of these words on their cheek: You are superior to no one.

Yes, just like the age old "Doctor v. Nurse" = Master/ Servent archetype, the library has "Librarian v. Staff."
Well, I quote Outkast when i say,

I know you'd like to thank your shit don't stank
But lean a little bit closer
See roses really smell like boo-oo-ooo
Yeah, roses really smell like boo-oo-ooo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, god, Tracy! You crack me up. Me and my fiance just set our wedding date...Sept. 16, 2006, and I'm totally spazzing out. Okay, I have a year and everything to plan, but holy shit! There's stuff to be done and wedding websites to cruise. Oh - if you know of anyone with a size 10-12 dress that they want to unload (for a very informal outdoor wedding), let me know!

And - good luck. Why not make your mom and grandma clean and pretend that you're too busy doing wedding stuff? Just an idea.

Anonymous said...

Ron would come up to me at random times for the whole week after we saw Me and You and Everyone We Know and say "Back and Forth. Forever."

Needless to say, the movie did not squelch his crush on Miranda July.