Thursday, December 21, 2006

MAKE-UP-SLUT

In a sad, but heartwarming effort to get over the fact that FOX network douchebags forced DailyMotion.com to remove streaming episodes of 24 from their site... I'm so close to being done with 3rd season, a-holes!!....where was I? Oh yeah, in an effort to get over that soul-crushing disruption I've decided to talk about make-up and how at 32, I have finally gone over to the "other side." The "other-side" of course being things named; "Age-Rewind," "Age-Defying," "Anti-Aging."
I have given into the fact that the skin around my eyes is starting to crease and dry out a bit. Yes, enough to move over to the, "holy fuck, I'm aging" section of the make-up aisle.

So, now I'm on a quest to find the Holy Grail or "HG" as it's called on the Internet of foundation/concealer that won't over-goo my still oily forehead, but will smooth out the dry patches around my mouth and eyes. I want something natural and light, with illuminating factors that are pearly without being sparkly or glittery...and I want it now. Oh, also, I'm attempting to make the move back to only using cruelty-free cosmetics, so they can't hurt bunnies either.

Because I'm poor-ish so, that does limit my playing field, but to be fair, I've already tried two of the non-animal friendly brands (which I'll review in a second) so, yeah...I've got Almay and Revlon yet to go in the drugstore. If those don't make the cut then I'll move onto the department store/Sephora set. Sigh....Sephora...otherwise known as heaven for make-up-sluts such as myself. Hmmm... Make-up-Slut...I'm seeing a whole new blog here.

So without further babble....my reviews:

Maybelline - Age Rewind Concealer
This concealer was on sale for 2 bucks, so wtf? It's pretty good. It's light, creamy, feels pleasant enough and gives great coverage on my REALLY DARK undereye circles.... at first. See, the great effects don't last very long and I find myself re-applying twice before the end of the day. As coverage fades, it also gets dry and a bit powder-cakey...which, I find totally gaytronic. If I only needed under-eye concealment for two hours a day, this stuff would be the shit.
$2 -$5 I bought it in LIGHT

Maybelline - Age Rewind Liquid Foundation
Hmm. At first I thought it was going to be too thick, but it actually went on quite nicely and instantly added a bit of luminosity to my very cranky, morning face. I found that even though I got the second lightest color, it was a bit too dark for my complexion so I had to blend the fuck out of it to avoid having a "Kelly." (Kelly was my friend in highschool who always had a line on her chin where her foundation ended) Anyway, overall I like this foundation okay, I didn't use too much, but I do feel it's a bit oily...and like I said, it was way too dark to call itself "Classic Ivory."
$7 I bought CLASSIC IVORY


Loreal - True Match Concealer
This is not a concealer for the aged, but it has been my staple for the past year or so. It's great for covering breakouts, but you have to use a lot because the liquid is really sheer and the bottle is really small, so I tend to run out every couple of weeks or so. This is not ideal. If I weren't trying to go back to using only cruelty-free make-up, I would probably still use this for covering "spots" as they say in Brittania.
$5 Neutral-1-2

Loreal - True Match Foundation
I like this foundation for it's natural-o-city and color matchiness to my skin...but, it tends to dry out around my eyes and mouth.
It also has a tendency to bulk up and make me look slightly corpse-like. Overall it's okay and I've used it for a long time, happily enough, but it's not worth stabbing bunny eyes for.
$7 Neutral -1

No comments: