Friday, August 11, 2006

These dreams go on when I close my eyeeeesss. Every second of the night, I live another liiiife.

I had one of those dreams last night. You know that kind? The kind that treat your head to such a mind fuck, you can't seem to shake the ghastly feelings of dread it managed to fill you with?
I know other people's dreams are totally boring, so I'll spare you and try to keep it brief.
Lars and I were selling our house and moving into an apartment. The good news: our house sold for $225 thousand (riiiiight). The bad news: we were splitting up and moving into SEPARATE apartments. In the dream I was really confused. We weren't mad at each other. We were laughing and chatting like we always do, but something was off. We weren't touching and I couldn't understand why. Eventually he left me alone in my new digs and I spent a large part of the dream setting up my new place and trying to figure out why there was an enormous hole in the cieling, like a glass-less skylight. At some point I was trying to get the front door of my new apartment to stay closed...it was being a total bitch, so I called my mom first, then Tawnya and then Lars who was "eating some lunch" but, would, as only dreams can allow, instantly appear to help me with. his. new. girlfriend. in tow. I just stood there, being polite to her and outwardly "comfortable," but, inside I was plotting all the ways in which I could break a bottle on her face.

Ugh. Fuck that. The insecure subconscious is a total son-of-a-bitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

funny how your feet in dreams never touch the earth