Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Do you think if I watch the Harry Potter trailer again, I'll catch something new?

I've probably watched it 30 times as of five minutes ago. My last viewing convinced me that I should re-read the Goblet of Fire before the 18th (i.e. the day that I, a grown woman and her grown husband and best friend are all taking work off to see a kid's film at noon, so there won't actually be many kids in the theatre to disturb them).
I realize that obsessions in the Medley household, do often get the better of us; Buffy, Angel, Homicide, Veronica Mars, Harry Potter, Series of Unfortunate Events, The New Yorker, Top Model, Lord of the Rings, Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Elvis Costello, ....the list really could go on.
On a sort of serious/ sort of hilarious note, I just applied for a job (that I won't get, but am qualified for) at the CIA library in Washington D.C.. When I think about them looking at my blog for the "extensive background investigation" I can't stop laughing. What would the CIA think of titles like, "My dog is a total cockblocker" and "Fuck you and your fucking ice cream?" I realize that the ol' Pres. isn't on the best of terms with the CIA right now, but would they still be pissed that I posted a link to all those pictures of him looking like monkeys? eh, probly.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I like to think of being obsessed with the HP movies/books, as trying to keep up with the younger generations... though, that can be really sad, especially with fashion. Ever see a 45 year old woman trying to wear Abercrombie clothes... yeah... sort of sad...