Monday, September 05, 2005

The urn

The weekend was rough. We spent most of it scrubbing an/ or hunching over something. Angie and Anita came over on Saturday to help me weed and mulch the flower beds and I swear to you that those Eralie sisters are magical because I can't even begin to tell you how awesome the flower beds look now.
MULCH IS MY FRIEND.
I'm still sore, but it was well worth it.
My mom and granny are coming tomorrow and I know that's when I'll really be able to let go of all the stress and worry and just start having fun.
On the phone this morning she told me that she was "bringing grandpa." (My grandpa died a year ago). "Oh are you?" I said. "Yeah, I'm bringing him with me on the plane. Grandpa's going to be at the wedding. Katie (my sister) asked me if it was just a little morbid, but then, not two minutes later the little shit asked me if we should get some googley eyes to glue to the urn."
You can see now why I love my family.

The next time you see me, I'll be a married lady.

No comments: