Monday, June 27, 2005

I ordered my SECOND veil online...and I really want it

I'm dressed like a total girl today and I'm trying not to be self conscious.. It's so stupid that some girly-shoes and a shirt that isn't a t-shirt can make me feel like a faker, but it totally can.

This morning my eyeballs are burning and I haven't quite recovered from the envelope stuffing of last night. It's cliche, but weddings are a lot of work. We took about 800 pictures of ourselves to include in the invite (I'll share either some good ones or some bad ones later, I haven't decided which, maybe both). At one point we both realized that I was entirely too short, so I stood on a skateboard, cos I'm classy.

I think it's finally hitting me that I'm actually getting married. It hasn't seemed tremendously real until recently. Trying on the dress didn't do it, booking the ceremony/ reception site didn't do it... hell, even getting the ring didn't do it, but somehow cramming those envelopes with invitations to MY WEDDING really, really did it.

I try not to be, but I'm typically a fantastically negative person when it comes to myself. I think deep down, I never thought I would be here. I don't think I ever really imagined that I would be taking meetings with florists or picking out cake or being loved and actually adored by someone that I feel the same way about. It's sort of blowing my mind.

1 comment:

LisaB said...

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I was surfing around on Knitting Kitty and came to your site. You crack me up! I love your Runaway Bride photo spread.