Monday, April 25, 2005

I laughed, I cried, I planted an herb garden and stole a pen from a waitress

It was a good weekend.
Lars' parents were in town for less than 24 hours and in that time his dad managed to fix : our faucet, our furnace, our toilet, our washer, some wiring in the basement and he installed a new garbage disposal.
His mom helped me pull weeds and plant things. I. Planted. Things. Pulling weeds is really fun, in that punishing back pain, knee strain, let me bend over and give the neighborhood the full spread of my ass sort of way. Also, gardening means bugs...and I don't just mean a few bugs, I mean, I would pull a chunk of weeds out and spiders, centipedes and ants would be crawling all over the place like my house was at the center of the Nasgul universe. Bugs are fucking gross and I hate them. There. I've said it.
When it was all over the parents said their quickest goodbyes ever, threw down a smoke bomb and disappeared before we could even say thank you.

No comments: